The Campaign has produced a list of its objectives for 2017, setting out what we feel we can do to create improvements for Chester cyclists. The list provides a clear focus for Campaign members who may wish to become involved in the work of the Campaign. If you feel that you can help in any way, then get in touch through this website, or come along to one of our monthly meetings.
- Write a letter to the paper on average once a month
- Issue at least 4 press releases during the year
- Continue to campaign to improve access to and through Chester city centre
- Continue to improve formal contact with the Council Officers and Members for cycling related matters and try to broaden base of contacts
- Provide comments on relevant planning applications
- Campaign for a safer environment for cyclists on A540
- Maintain and further develop a reference list of potential infrastructure improvements listed by priority and size of project
- Carry out activities personally and as a group to promote the Campaign in order to increase membership to 150 members
- Carry out preparations for a ‘Cycle Friendly GP Surgery of the Year Award’ survey and presentation
- To develop a CycleScape presence in Chester and to create a cycle ‘tube map’ for the Chester area
- Produce one cycle related video during the year and upload to YouTube
Periodic updates about activity in each of these areas and progress towards achieving these objectives will be published in our 2017 electronic newsletters. These newsletters will be sent to all members who have supplied us with their current email address. If your email address has changed since you joined, then contact us and tell us your current email address so we can keep in touch.
Here are some ideas about what you can do now:
- Write a letter to the Chester Chronicle or the Standard about a cycling related matter.
- Comment on planning applications on the CWAC website where cycling features have not been included in the application.
Come along to one of our meetings if you would like to find out about other ways of taking action.