Members will get the following benefits:
- Opportunity to influence Chester cycling initiatives
- Discounts from local bike shops with your membership card
- Monthly newsletter bulletins updating you on Campaign activities and cycling related issues in Chester
- Chance to take part in Chester cycling events
Your membership card entitles you to receive a discount a number of local cycle shops, including:
- Bike Factory on Boughton, 10% on bikes, parts and accessories (excluding labour, special offers and sale items).
You could recover the cost of your membership with one purchase!
A full list of all member discounts is included in the membership pack sent to all new members and is available on request from the Membership Secretary. The list can also be downloaded by clicking on the link below:
Affiliated Membership of Cycling UK (formerly CTC)
Membership of the Chester Cycling Campaign also enables you to obtain Affiliated Membership of Cycling UK (the UK’s National Cyclists’ Organisation) at a reduced rate of £24.00 a year. This provides individual members with:
- third party insurance with liability up to £10 million
- a Cycling UK membership card giving access to a wide range of discounts and benefits (excluding access to Cycling UK’s legal, touring and technical helplines)
- the weekly Cycling UK email newsletter, “CycleClips”
Applications for Cycling UK Affiliated Membership can be made by contacting the Chester Cycling Campaign Membership Secretary:
Membership of the Chester Cycling Campaign is open to anyone who supports our aims. An annual subscription to the Campaign costs:
Individual Membership £5.00
Unwaged\Under 16\Student\Senior £3.00
Family Membership* £10.00
Life Membership £50.00
* For two or more people living at the same address. Family members are entitled to all the benefits provided by the Chester Cycling Campaign, except that only one copy of the newsletter and any other information will be sent to each family.
Joining after April 1st in any year entitles you to membership until the end of September in the following year!
Chester Cycling Campaign t-shirts are very popular with members, displaying the Campaign logo on the front and the “One Less Car” motto on the back. The shirts are deep yellow, with the logos and text printed in
black. Shirts are £7.50 each and are available in a range of children’s and adults’ sizes. Contact
the membership secretary to arrange your purchase.
How to Join
Joining the Chester Cycling Campaign couldn’t be simpler.
Alternatively, if you would prefer to join using a printed application form and cheque, print out and complete the membership application form below. Send it with a cheque for the correct amount to the address indicated on the form.
We look forward to receiving your support!
Feel free to contact our Membership Secretary by submitting a comment if you have any problems or questions concerning membership of the Campaign: