Give it a spin is a Cycling UK affiliated, inclusive cycling opportunity based at New Scene Youth Centre in Chester. The centre provides people of all abilities with the chance to enjoy cycling in a supportive and comfortable setting,
The inclusive cycling activity takes place in a park setting with a circular tarmac route where participants can be seen clearly all the way round. There is an undercover veranda and some seating available as part of the main building. Inside the building there is a café space, with plenty of seating, where coffee, tea, soup and cake are available at a modest price.
A wide variety of specially adapted bikes is available. Hiring a bike currently cost £3 for as long as required. Participants are welcome to try out different bikes during the session!
Dates: Every Monday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, and every Thursday from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Venue: New Scene Youth Centre, Newton Lane , Chester , CH2 2HH
Also, volunteers are always needed to help with the cycling sessions. There are two volunteer opportunities currently available:
Monday Helper – from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm: You would be responsible for:
- Helping service users to choose and use bikes, adjusting seats, etc. to make the bike safe and comfortable.
- Providing encouragement and feedback to help service uses to gain skills and confidence.
Thursday Steward – from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm: You would be responsible for:
- Opening the bike store at the start of the session.
- Taking bikes out and setting them out ready for service users.
- Adjusting the bikes as required to suit those using them.
- Storing the bikes at the end of the session.
If you are interested in either of these opportunities or would like more information, then contact Debi at the Live! office on 01244 320479.
The Centre is conveniently located on the Chester Millennium Greenway near to Limewood Fields.