The Campaign has produced a list of its objectives for 2021, setting out what we feel we can do to create improvements for Chester cyclists. The list provides a clear focus for Campaign members who may wish to become involved in the work of the Campaign. If you feel that you can help in any way, then get in touch through this website, or attend one of our monthly meetings.
- Write a letter to the paper on average once a month
- Issue at least 4 press releases during the year
- Continue to campaign to improve access to and through Chester city centre
- Continue to improve formal contact with the Council Officers and Members for cycling related matters and try to broaden base of contacts
- Provide comments on relevant planning applications
- Campaign for a safer environment for cyclists on A540
- Add improvements to paper/electronic maps so they can be more readily referred to by CW&C Highways in future programs of work
- Carry out activities personally and as a group to promote the Campaign in order to increase membership to 150 members
- Actively participate in the Active Travel Forum and the Sustainable Transport Task Force and engage with CWAC and other stakeholders in the implementation of the LCWIP
- Ensure that Cycling infrastructure associated with the proposed A51 changes are of the highest standard
- Working with CW&C, Sustrans, schools and the wider community to promote ‘mobility inclusive’ cycling in Chester: focused in particular on accessible cycle hire, removal of inappropriate barriers, mapping and promoting access points, charging points and other critical features, and raising awareness of wheels as active mobility aids
- Plan and carry out an appropriate activity for Bike Week 2021 in a safe and Covid compliant way, making use of Cycling UK resources
Periodic updates about activity in each of these areas and progress towards achieving these objectives will be published in our 2021 electronic newsletters. These newsletters will be sent to all members who have supplied us with their current email address. If your email address has changed since you joined, then contact us and tell us your current email address so we can keep in touch.
Here are some ideas about what you can do now:
- Write a letter to the Chester Chronicle or the Standard about a cycling related matter.
- Comment on planning applications on the CWAC website where cycling features have not been included in the application.
Join us for one of our meetings if you would like to find out about other ways of taking action.