By joining the Campaign you will not only be supporting us in our efforts to make Chester a more cycle-friendly city, but you will also be able to enjoy the following membership benefits:
- Opportunity to influence Chester cycling initiatives
- Regular email bulletins updating you on Campaign activities and cycling related issues in Chester
- Discounts from local retailers with your membership card
- Free bike safety checks, including puncture repairs, brake adjustments, and derailleur gear adjustments
- Free loan of our bike workstand and set of tools
- Reduced rate on Cycling UK affiliate membership
Bike Shop Discounts
Your membership card entitles you to receive a discount at our local independent retail partners:
- Bike Factory on Boughton – offering a 10% discount on bikes, parts and accessories (excluding labour, special offers and sale items)
- Chester Cycle Hub – offering 10% off the labour element of their “Ready To Ride Service”
You could recover the cost of your membership with one purchase! A full list of all member discounts can also be downloaded by clicking on the link below:
Free Cycle Safety Checks
If your cycle is not being used due to a puncture or misaligned brakes or gears, you can book a free cycle safety check. One of our experienced, mechanically-minded members will then arrange to check your cycle over, fix any punctures and carry out any necessary minor adjustments. Check out the full details here.
Free Loan of Our Cycle Workstand and Set of Cycle Tools
The Campaign has purchased a high quality, stable cycle workstand and a full set of cycle tools for exclusive use of our members free of charge. Borrowing these will enable you to carry out any repair or upgrade tasks which you may be planning, saving the expense of buying something which you may use only occasionally. Check out the full details here.
Affiliated Membership of Cycling UK (formerly CTC)
Membership of the Chester Cycling Campaign also enables you to obtain Affiliated Membership of Cycling UK (the UK’s National Cyclists’ Organisation) at a reduced rate of £33.00 a year. This provides individual members with:
- third party insurance with liability up to £10 million
- a Cycling UK membership card giving access to a wide range of discounts and benefits (excluding access to Cycling UK’s legal, touring and technical helplines)
- the weekly Cycling UK email newsletter, “CycleClips”
Applications for Cycling UK Affiliated Membership can be made by contacting the Chester Cycling Campaign Membership Secretary: email@example.com
Membership of the Chester Cycling Campaign is open to anyone who supports our aims. Here are our affordable membership rates:
Individual Membership £10.00
Family Membership* £15.00
Life Membership £100.00
* For two or more people living at the same address. Family members are entitled to all the benefits provided by the Chester Cycling Campaign, except that only one copy of our regular email bulletins and any other information will be sent to each family.
Joining after April 1st in any year entitles you to membership until the end of September in the following year!
How to Join
Joining the Chester Cycling Campaign couldn’t be simpler.
Alternatively, if you would prefer to join using a printed application form and cheque, print out and complete the membership application form below. Send it with a cheque for the correct amount to the address indicated on the form.
We look forward to receiving your support!
If you have any problems or questions concerning membership of the Campaign, feel free to contact our Membership Secretary by submitting a comment using the form below.